Welcome to our web page on the topic of buying a home in Novi Michigan.
There are a few things to quickly consider before you set out to purchase a home in Novi. We will cover just a few things that may be very helpful over time.
Speaking to a professional real estate agent in the area. Ask them questions about the current Novi market, home trends, taxes, schools, Home Owner Associations and much more. We suggest sitting down with an agent for approx 45 min to an hour right up front to determine if you are a good fit to move forward.
1) Now that you have selected your real estate professional. Time to figure out you monthly budget using the tax amounts, hoa dues, etc for the area you are most interested in moving to.
2) Select the area's that would work best for you. Location, school districts, accessibility all play a factor at this time. Be sure to analyze your needs vs wants to help guide the home search. Try using www.RealEstate007.com
as this is a direct link to our web search.
3) Now we select properties to view in person. While viewing in person we will discuss different items of importance at each home. You should easily be able to tell if a furnace is high efficiency, if a roof is 3 dimensional shingle or not, how the water is running from the home, etc.
4) We found a great home, write an offer on it, negotiate the terms and accept the purchase agreement (Contract). Now it will be time to follow the terms of the purchase agreement.
5) The most common order of things once a purchase agreement is accepted. Within 5-7 days the private inspection by the purchasers is completed. If in agreement with home's condition we move on to the bank/lender appraisal. This would usually be completed within 5-7 days from private inspection.
6) While the private inspection and appraisal were being completed the title work would be ordered, issues with inspection and appraisal being resolved (if any), remove any encumbrances, obtain title insurance, occupancy, make sure everything is correct with the municipality and home owners association and handle anything else that may come up.
7) With all contingency's removed it is time to close on your new Novi Michigan home. Obtain funds from the lender and purchaser, sign the closing docs and the home is now yours.
We have found that simply sitting down with your Novi real estate professional right up front will save you hours down the road. Though not 100% necessary a good idea to think about or at least discuss. You will get a good feel for who you will be working with which should be enough to make the experience best possible.
Feel free to call or email us anytime at 734-578-6561 or email BobandTeena@Yahoo.com.